Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nintendo ON

mw
    mw is offline Administrator

Default Nintendo ON

Na wenn das mal nix Tolles ist...

www.nintendoon.com

A source who claims employment at Nintendo of Japan has provided RevoGaming with one of the more detailed and descriptive ‘leaks’ of Revolution information, revealing some pretty outrageous claims. Details inside.

In the original e-mail, the author claimed that English was his ‘third language’. The provided description was written in poor English. RevoGaming have rewritten the piece in slightly more understandable terms while retaining the original ‘information’.

The piece can be seen below:

I won’t be giving out my name as that would be a very stupid thing to do, but I will say that I work for Nintendo of Japan. I have been working at Nintendo for many years and am sorry that I cannot prove this; I fear losing my job. I very much enjoy working at Nintendo.

Although I love Nintendo, I am not happy with what they are doing. I have nothing to do with the viral marketing, and am disappointed that Nintendo have sunk so low as to use these methods. It brings a lot of unnecessary hype to the consumer and drives them mad waiting for news on the console [Nintendo Revolution].

Since E3 2005, Nintendo have been dropping clues everywhere. I have visited forums and read posts across the net and feel very sorry for Nintendo fans. You are very annoyed and I know that. Somebody says this and another says that and you don’t know who to believe anymore.

I am writing this now rather than earlier to tell you the truth bit by bit. I know it’s better to reveal information now than, say, two months ago. This is because then the Revolution had been shown only to a select few people and it would have been much easier to trace the leak.

Although I am still under NDA, the console has been shown to many more people now, including developers and publishers, so it will be near-impossible to trace the leak.

I’ll begin with the mysterious Nintendo ON. I’ll promise that whatever I say in this piece of writing is nothing but the truth.

Nintendo leaked the ON clip to produce mass hype before E3, but has kept relatively quiet about it. In an interview with Perrin Kaplan by 1up a she said: ’Who knows what comes next - virtual reality Nintendo gaming next, next generation?’ She says next, next generation, and for Nintendo the GameCube is next generation as very little has been revealed about the Revolution. This is a clue given by Nintendo: I can tell you with all honesty that it is the real deal.

A few of us at NoJ and NoA believe that after we released the ON clip, Microsoft and Sony became worried, and had to decide on a plan. We believe that one of these companies contacted Pablo Belmonte and gave him a story to tell, with the incentive that when it got out he would get paid a fair sum of money.

You may think: ‘Why Pablo?’ Well, it may have been because he made the Mario Universe clip a few years back, where he proved not only that he was skilled but also that he had a deep love for Nintendo. So either one of these companies may have thought that he was the perfect person to use for a damaging story. However, the Belmonte ‘conspiracy’ is just speculation from a few of us at Nintendo.

Another possibility is that someone deep within Nintendo may have discredited the video so that there would be a conflict within fans and people who are interested, so that Nintendo could gauge the amount of interest in the ON if it were to be released. Whatever the case, I am telling you that the ON is real.

Before we get into the big details, Nintendo ON might not be released; we only have very few prototypes and they are very costly: we might not be able to get the hardware to an affordable price. We have prototypes of another 3D display device that implements some characteristics from the ON as well as some other advanced characteristics that are less costly. Both of these prototypes are the result of years of research and work.

Both prototypes are controlled in the same way, and this is what we have been demonstrating to developers and publishers in Japan and the US. The 3D display will be toned down and less powerful for the version released as a final product if it does get released, but one of the prototypes we have costs just under US $745,000. However, this technology is for the generation of consoles after the Revolution, perhaps in five years’ time. The ON might be released in two years’ time. For the time being a smaller version of the 3D display will be released along with the Revolution system you saw at E3 in 2006. We [Nintendo] will get important feedback on the 3D display this way to improve and polish it for the generation after the Revolution.

Nintendo ON has been in development for 10 years: after the miserable failure of the Virtual Boy, there were plans to release a second version in three years time. We downplayed the notion with the press, but the plans were scrapped and it didn’t go through. However, we continued research in all fields of virtual reality. Soon, we started to see huge advancements in the military and industrial sectors in virtual and augmented reality. Nintendo decided to invest in these companies and use the technology in a successor to the Virtual Boy, then codenamed Nintendo RVIS. The system was far too costly at the time, however, so we decided to, once again, continue research and save what we had planned for release in a future system.

These ideas have been developed in the last few years as the Virtual Boy 2, codenamed Nintendo ON. The name is simple, and is meant to describe the headset being put ‘on’ you. However, the name will be changed for the final product. A tentative name is Nintendo N-side, meaning inside the game.

(pagebreak)
    The system offers the following specs:

1280x1024 displays for stereoscopic 3D gaming
    DVD and HD-DVD playing in high-quality 1280x720p resolution
    360 degree head tracker
    Microphone
    Surround sound ear pricks
    Motion sensor

I’ll reveal more specs at a later date.

In the Nintendo ON clip, it shows 4 ear pricks. This is because Nintendo have developed a special sound system that uses these four sound sources to produce an effect better than that of Dolby Surround. It will really make you feel inside the game, outside the box. Yes, some of those ads are real, they are clues in the ‘game’ and made to look a little fake.

I’ll share a little with you about the controller today. In the ON video, there is a scene where the user is pushing something with their hands. This is the controller working, although it is hard to explain.

You must first push your hands through a band that covers your wrists. This band is made out of metal that is covered in a rubber shielding. You then slip on a glove on each hand. I’m only going to talk about the left glove today.

The band is light and thin, and connects to an interpreter with a lot of next-generation technology before moving on to the glove. The left hand has a pad with an arrow for left and an arrow for right. On this pad is a sliding top and a trigger. There was a technician demonstrating this in a secret showing to about 200 people. He pressed the trigger and the sliding top moved. Most people were amazed, especially as other things began to happen, but I will keep those bits secret for the time being.

It may be difficult to understand this, so I’ll explain the concept to you: in Namco’s Time Crisis, the gun in the arcade recoiled as you shot. This is similar to the trigger in the Revolution, but is only one of the revolutionary features.

The buttons are flat. This is because you’re wearing a glove. The buttons look flat while your hand is extended, but when you clench your fist the controller ‘forms’. In the ON clip, at one stage the person’s hands are empty and open. This is because none of the buttons are depressed, and so they slide back into their inserts.

While wearing the glove, it will also give hot and cold sensations. I do not fully understand how this is done yet, and it was not explained. When you are hit in a game, it somehow transmits a small jolt to that area of the body and you feel heat. The jolt is so minor that it would be impossible to hurt anyone, but is enough to notice. It gives you that feeling of immersion. Gone are the days of vibration vests or Hollywood cyber suits. The controller opens up so many new possibilities in video gaming, and that is why we call is the Revolution.

I’ll reveal more details on the 3D display, the ON, Revolution system details, glove gyroscopic functions, the camera for movement tracking, webcam, games, graphics online features and AI as time progresses.

The source assured RevoGaming that more details would be revealed as time progresses. RevoGaming will keep you updated.

Biggie is offline NAS ...i am

Default AW: Nintendo ON

Wenn ich gut Englisch könnte... Kann mir mal jemand das freundlicherweise kurz und grob zusammenfassen (vllt. nur um was es geht)? Wäre nett!

mw
    mw is offline Administrator

Schau dir doch einfach das Video auf www.nintendoos.com an

Tom Paris is offline Der Ehrwürdige Alte!

Quote Originally Posted by Stan-Fan
    Wenn ich gut Englisch könnte... Kann mir mal jemand das freundlicherweise kurz und grob zusammenfassen (vllt. nur um was es geht)? Wäre nett!
    Soweit ich es jetzt verstanden habe.

Eine neue Nitendo- Konsole mit folgenden Daten:

1280x1024 displays for stereoscopic 3D gaming
    DVD and HD-DVD playing in high-quality 1280x720p resolution
    360 degree head tracker
    Microphone
    Surround sound ear pricks
    Motion sensor

Das mit den Ear picks hört sich geil an, besser als Dolby Surround, und man fühlt sich als währe man im Spiel Außerdem wird alle über eine Brille übertragen, Virtual Reality eben.

Ich find das Design schon mal schlecht, und was sie in den letzten Sekunden des Videos aus Mario gemacht haben.

Sonst bin ich mal gespannt obs eine "Revolution" wird.

Außerdem hat man das Video veröffentlicht damit sich Sony und Microsoft sorgen machen.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Eine starke Truppe
    Lest Sinn und Logik!
    Die Urgesteine

Oans, Zwoa, G'suffa!

Super Mario Gast

Ist es bis hierhin nicht gekommen, dass das Video ein fake ist?

ahnungslosSE is offline Sale! lets go shopping!

Quote Originally Posted by Super Mario
    Ist es bis hierhin nicht gekommen, dass das Video ein fake ist?
    humm woher auch unser offizieller nintendo fachmann(du!¨¨) hat uns ja nichts gesagt! Gibts ja sonst noch irgendwelche gerüchte oder news?!Gibst dich so wortkarg; ist lange her siet du zulezt was zur revolution gesagt/gebracht hast?!
    Der wörterkette von Alexo2.0 gehts nicht so gut niemand will was in ihr schreiben
    gerüchte gehen um sie sei zu schwierig!!!

Bin wieder online.. mal kuken ob d' ziet für den einen oder aderen Besuch im forum reicht.. bis dahin..gruss ahnungslosSE

Bo$$ Playa is offline Registrierter Benutzer

"Nintendo ON has been in development for 10 years: after the miserable failure of the Virtual Boy, there were plans to release a second version in three years time. We downplayed the notion with the press, but the plans were scrapped and it didn’t go through. However, we continued research in all fields of virtual reality. Soon, we started to see huge advancements in the military and industrial sectors in virtual and augmented reality. Nintendo decided..."

rofl, das erinnert mich irgendwie an MGS

Jedenfalls scheint das ja interessant zu werden

Abwarten!

Super Mario Gast

Quote Originally Posted by ahnungslosSE
    humm woher auch unser offizieller nintendo fachmann(du!¨¨) hat uns ja nichts gesagt! Gibts ja sonst noch irgendwelche gerüchte oder news?!Gibst dich so wortkarg; ist lange her siet du zulezt was zur revolution gesagt/gebracht hast?!

Oh ich schäme mich auch dafür

Apropos zum revolution, ich hatte ja einen thread eröffnet, aber anschneinend hat niemand dort gelesen, aslo ließ ich es sein, wenn du möchtest, könnte ich alles bisher Bekannte zusammenfassen =)

EDIT: Ahja, richtig, zu dem Video gab der Ersteller ein Statement, und auch bei der E3 wurde es bestätigt, dass das Video ein fake sei.

EDIT2: Das mi dem Nintendo-Fachmann nehem ich als Kompliment

00 Schneider is offline Der Kommissar Schneider ist gut.

Fachmann = Fanboy.

Ihr habt Internet. Also warum warten, bis jemand die News in dieses Forum postet? Eigeninitiative zählt.

ahnungslosSE is offline Sale! lets go shopping!

Quote Originally Posted by Super Mario
    Oh ich schäme mich auch dafür

Apropos zum revolution, ich hatte ja einen thread eröffnet, aber anschneinend hat niemand dort gelesen, aslo ließ ich es sein, wenn du möchtest, könnte ich alles bisher Bekannte zusammenfassen =)

EDIT: Ahja, richtig, zu dem Video gab der Ersteller ein Statement, und auch bei der E3 wurde es bestätigt, dass das Video ein fake sei.

EDIT2: Das mi dem Nintendo-Fachmann nehem ich als Kompliment
    jo hab den schon gelesen..dachte blos es müsste mal wieder was neues bekannt gegeben worden sein.. also falls ja dan please posten! hier oder dort, egal..
    @Fachmann: scheind mir passend vorallem im vergleich zu mir!
    @Rattara: wiso auch das forum etwas atraktiver mahcen.. wiso überhaupt posten-was? immer hin gibt es so diesem forum den so nötigen lebenshauch zürck.. theoretisch lässt sich alles ausser unserem eigenen senf auch sonst wo finden.. so
    Der wörterkette von Alexo2.0 gehts nicht so gut niemand will was in ihr schreiben
    gerüchte gehen um sie sei zu schwierig!!!

Bin wieder online.. mal kuken ob d' ziet für den einen oder aderen Besuch im forum reicht.. bis dahin..gruss ahnungslosSE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information